Image acquisition and reconstruction
Serial digitized image acquisition:
Zeiss Axioplan 2 up-right digital microscope with an extended travel stage that holds 8-slides per run, controlled by LUDL MAC5000 is used to acquire images of Region of Interest (ROI) using Zeiss AxioCam and/or MacroFire® Digital Microscope CCD Camera (2048 x 2048) (Zeiss objective lens: 2.5x, 5x, 10x, 20x, 40x, 63x oil, and 100x oil immersion). Final image files can be saved in a variety of formats including TIFF, PICT, BMP, GIF, etc.
With stabilized stage control and aligned fiducial during acquisition process, the stack of 2D images will be generated and made ready for subsequent 3D reconstruction of ROIs (optional). Note: The complete series of aligned 2D image stack will be suitable for morphometric analysis (NDT501, see below).
Zeiss digital microscopic imaging platform.
3D reconstructed hippocampus of a mouse brain.
Animated 2D image series of a mouse brain, acquired by Zeiss Axioplan 2 digital microscopy.
Digital scanning of the histology slide:
Digital scanning of Nikon NiU Upright Fluorescent Microscope with Hamamatsu sCMOS Camera FLASH 4.0is available allows or high-speed and magnification acquisition of multiple neurons and ROIs of the entire brain. The imaging platform is designed for high-volume, high-resolution-demanded image of thick (>100 um) sections, such as Golgi-impregnated sections of the brain, thus suitable for 2D and 3D morphometric analysis. Also, several commercial image acquisition software as well as the in-house image platform are available to meet the requirements of your study!
Terms and Conditions:
- For quality assurance of our service, it is recommended that you discuss with us for preferred perfusion protocol and histology and/or immunolabeling protocols.
- It is suggested that you use Gel-coated microscopic slides for tissue mounting and 0.17um-thick coverslips.
- A 15% of the fee will be due upon authorization of the study; and the remaining fee will be due upon delivery of study results.
- Progress of the service is contingent upon staining quality of tissues, operated by the independent contractor.
- Should early termination occur, Neurodigitech will prorate the cost incurred and invoice the Sponsor. The first portion of the fee is non-refundable.