GolgiChrome staining Service
GolgiChromeTM staining Service (Double-stainiing of Golgi impregnation and immunohistochemistry)
This invention is designed to achieve the simultaneous visualization of Golgi-Cox and immunofluorescence of individual neurons using Confocal Laser Scanning Microscopy (CLSM).
The main advantages of this method are as follows:
- Highest visualization of structural details along with the neurochemical nature of the neuron;
- Characterization of antigens with specific antibodies
- Anatomical interactions among neuronal elements;
- The possibility of using confocal laser scanning microscope (CLSM) and accordingly 3D reconstructions and modeling;
- Savings of laboratory animals, when up to now it was necessary to perform the two techniques separately and thus on different animals.
- Consequent substantial advantages in terms of time and cost saving, together with a higher quality than traditional techniques.
The following examples (Spiga et al., 2012) demonstrate the co-localizations of Golgi-cox impregnated neurons immunoreactive to Tyrosine Hydroxylase (TH) (Figure 1), TH and Postsynaptic Density 95 (PSD-95) (Figure 2), TH, PSD-95 or Synapsin (SynI) (Figure 3), and TH, PSD-95 or SynI of a fully impregnated pyramidal cell (Figure 4).
Figure 1. Golgi + Tyrosine hydroxylase (TH) immunohistochemistry in the striatum.
Figure 2. Golgi + TH + PSD95 immunohistochemistry in the substantia nigra (SN, upper panel) and anterior commissure (ACA, lower panel).
Figure 3. Golgi + TH + PSD95 or Synapsin (SynI) immunohistochemistry in the dendritic segments of the medial spiny neurons (MSN) of the striatum.
Figure 4. Golgi + TH + PSD95 or SynI immunohistochemistry of the prefrontal prelimbic zone of the rat brain.
*Analysis of Variance (ANOVA) test will be performed!
Terms and Conditions
- For quality assurance of our service, it is recommended that you discuss with us for preferred perfusion protocol and histology and/or immunolabeling protocols.
- It is suggested that you use Gel-coated microscopic slides for tissue mounting and 0.17um-thick coverslips.
- A 15% of the fee will be due upon authorization of the study; and the remaining fee will be due upon delivery of study results.
- Progress of the service is contingent upon staining quality of tissues, operated by the independent contractor.
- Should early termination occur, Neurodigitech will prorate the cost incurred and invoice the Sponsor. The first portion of the fee is non-refundable.