FD Cresyl Violet Solution
NDT202 FD Cresyl Violet Solution
Two concentrations are offered:
- NDT202-1 Regular strength price: $116.69
- NDT202-2 Double-strength price: $158.96
NDT202 cresyl violet solution, made from cresyl violet acetate certified by the BIOLOGICAL STAIN COMMISSION and with a step by step user's manual printed on the bottle, is specifically designed for easy use in all types of laboratories. This solution is formulated and extensively tested for the staining of nerve tissue. Cresyl violet imparts a violet color to nuclear chromatin and Nissl substances. This solution is excellent for visualizing neuronal cell bodies and glial nuclei.
NDT202-2 is also excellent for counterstaining of immunostained sections from both neuronal and non-neuronal tissues (see above).
Cytokeratin 18-immunostained section counterstained with cresyl violet. This 12-micron frozen section of the rat prostate was processed for Cytokeratin 18-immunoreactivity (brown) and was then counterstained with NDT202 cresyl violet solution.
- Bishop C, Tessmer JL, Ullrich T, Rice KC, and Walker PD (2004) Serotonin 5-HT2A receptors underlie increased motor behaviors induced in dopamine-depleted rats by intrastriatal 5-HT2A/2C agonism. J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 310: 687-694.
- Kreipke CW, and Walker PD (2004) NMDA Receptor blockage attenuates locomotion elicited by intrastriatal dopamine D1-receptor stimulation. Synapse 53: 28-35.
- Nakamura NH, Rosell DR, Akama KT and McEwen BS (2004) Estrogen and ovariectomy regulate mRNA and protein of glutamic acid decarboxylases and cation-chloride cotransporters in the adult rat hippocampus. Neuroendocrinology 80:308-323.
- Kostich WA, Grzanna R, Lu NZ and Largent BL (2004) Immunohistochemical visualization of corticotropin-releasing factor type 1 (CRF1) receptors in monkey brain. J. Comp. Neurol. 478:111-125.
- Clabough EBD and Zeitlin SO (2006) Deletion of the triplet repeat encoding polyglutamine within the mouse Huntington's disease gene results in subtle behavioral/motor phenotypes in vivo and elevated levels of ATP with cellular senescence in vitro. Human Molecular Genetics 15:607-623,
- Balan IS, Fiskum G, Hazelton J, Cotto-Cumba C and Rosenthal RE (2006) Oximetry-guided reoxygenation improves neurological outcome after experimental cardiac arrest. Stroke 37(12):3008-13
Terms and Conditions
- For quality assurance of our service, it is recommended that you discuss with us for preferred perfusion protocol and histology and/or immunolabeling protocols.
- It is suggested that you use Gel-coated microscopic slides for tissue mounting and 0.17um-thick coverslips.
- A 15% of the fee will be due upon authorization of the study; and the remaining fee will be due upon delivery of study results.
- Progress of the service is contingent upon staining quality of tissues, operated by the independent contractor.
- Should early termination occur, Neurodigitech will prorate the cost incurred and invoice the Sponsor. The first portion of the fee is non-refundable.