FD Thionin Solution
NDT201 FD Thionin Solution (500 ml)
Two concentrations are offered:
- NDT201-1 Regular strength price: $95.82
- NDT201-2 Double-strength price: $121.24
NDT201 thionin solution, made from thionin certified by the BIOLOGICAL STAIN COMMISSION and with a step by step user's manual printed on the bottle, is specifically designed for easy use in all types of laboratories. This solution is specifically formulated and extensively tested for the staining of nerve tissue.
Thionin imparts a deep blue color to nuclear chromatin and Nissl substance. This solution is excellent for visualizing neuronal cell bodies and glia nuclei.
NDT201-2 is also excellent for counterstaining (see above).
Parvalbumin-immunostained section counterstained with thionin. 30-micron cryostat section through the medial entorhinal cortex of a rat that survived for 24 hr after kainic acid administration, showing the preferential loss of neurons in layer III and relative resistance of parvalbumin neurons (for details, cf. J. Neurosci. 15:6301-6313, 1995).
Terms and Conditions
- For quality assurance of our service, it is recommended that you discuss with us for preferred perfusion protocol and histology and/or immunolabeling protocols.
- It is suggested that you use Gel-coated microscopic slides for tissue mounting and 0.17um-thick coverslips.
- A 15% of the fee will be due upon authorization of the study; and the remaining fee will be due upon delivery of study results.
- Progress of the service is contingent upon staining quality of tissues, operated by the independent contractor.
- Should early termination occur, Neurodigitech will prorate the cost incurred and invoice the Sponsor. The first portion of the fee is non-refundable.